[Color Computer][Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 4 22:57:53 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 21:47, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Gene,
>
>At 3/4/2006 08:04 PM, you wrote:
>>On Saturday 04 March 2006 19:44, Mark Marlette wrote:
>> >Gene,
>> >
>> >I would have to go pull the 500 page spec out again. You seem to be
>> > up on it.
>>
>>Only by hazy memory these days Mark.
>>
>> >Can you tell me how they are doing collision detection?
>>
>>Look at the interfaces pin descriptions.  ISTR there was a slim
>>discussion around how that worked in there.
>
>I know exactly what each pin does on the interface. At least on the
>TC^3, I did design the CPLD version of this. ;)

The only docs I can find on short notice is the book that came with the
Maxtor 7120s, written back when drive folks actually told you about the
drive instead of disclaiming any responsibility in case you cat dies or
decides to have a sex change operation.

According to that book only the -ATN & term pwr is missing from the 4n1
interface.  And the rest, mostly grounded, aren't that well explained,
or I'm looking in the wrong section of this rather weighty tome.  So
I'd have to assume you have the full interface covered.  This is about
1/2 way thru a 70-80 page book.  Then it goes into a rather lengthy
discussion of each of the buss phases and I get a glazed over set of
eyes.

>So I still ask. What pins are you referring to?

It was pin 18 through pin 32 that were left out of the 4n1.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: