[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 19:29:44 EST 2006

billg000 at cs.uofs.edu writes:

>I  think B rather than A.  Look at something as simple as an  RS232
>ribbon cable.  They sold the cable for about $5 and the  connectors
>were about $3 apiece.  The already assembled cable  hanging right
>next to them was $35.00. I mean really, just how hard was  it to
>put those crimp-ons on the ends of the cable?   :-)

Depends on how many times the factory monkey had to put the connectors on  ;-)
With my trusty Craftsman vise, I usually crimped connectors onto the ribbon
cable on the first try.  Usually, and often right-side-up and not  backwards.
Each retry makes you snip
 a couple inches off the cable.

I got most of my practice with 34-pin floppy cables and connectors.
Mike K.