[Color Computer][Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 4 18:43:15 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 18:32, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Test more than one CoCo on a SCSI drive?
>
>That would be a disaster.

It could be if the driver doesn't have collision detection, which I'd
bet the farm none of them do.  I mean, this IS the coco we're talking
about here folks. :)

But the scsi specs themselves do have collision detection as a very
important function, for exactly that reason.  For the coco though, that
would mean that the middle 16 wires in the cable would have to be used
as the handshaking to control that is in the middle of the connector
IIRC.

Does your tc^3 interface support that somehow?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: