[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: CoCo video?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Mar 3 20:19:35 EST 2006

Mark

Maybe so. At least the HDL software is coming along slowly.

I have

1) a synthesizable 6809 core now that will at least run at 12.5 MHz. Posible as fast
as 20 MHz.

2) a synthesizable IDE port.

3) a synthesizable PS2 port.

4) a synthesizable dual port SDRAM controller. This one is nice as it is configured to
look like a SRAM.

5) a synthesizable SPI core.

There are USB cores available for free as well as a UARTs and VGA cores. A
simple parallel port is not that difficult to do.

The CPU core takes up 45% of the FPGA (XILINX XC2S300E). That should leave
room for a lot of other goodies. What I have to do now is start integrating pieces and
see how much room is left over.

Future would be to have a synthesizable 6309 core. Which by the way thathas been
started.

james