[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 3 13:27:21 EST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 12:37, Leon Howell wrote:
>  Does any one here have a Tandy Hard Disk Controller they would be
> interested in selling?

Did they actually ever *sell* one?  I looked at the one the local shack
had, but at $129.95 I couldn't bring myself to write the check, NDI
what ever became of it.  AIUI at the time, it also required another
interface controller card between its cable and the drive proper &
nobody had a clue as to what it might be required to do, or if it was
even available.  It had a maximum of 3 16 pin dips in it that even if
gold plated, couldn't convince me it was worth the asking price.

And I'm told it wasn't even scsi, but sasi, and you could I think do the
sasi with a J&M-CP controllers side parport for a lot less money.  I've
got one of those laying around someplace.  I gave up trying to drive
parport printers with it after the FCC made the printer people put in
input filtering to hold the noise down, and the coco's write pulse
wasn't long enough to get good data into the printer when it had to
hold it for 2-3 microseconds.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: