[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ebay bad sellers

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Mar 1 09:22:30 EST 2006

On 27 Feb 2006 at 23:46, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> BTW, AOL  is discussing this brilliant idea of charging everyone a small
> fee, less  than a cent, per email message they allow thru to their
> subscribers,  supposedly in an attempt to control spam.  Since the
> majority of the  rest of the ISP's won't even consider paying that, AOL
> will be effectively  disconnected from the internet, so you might want to
> look around for  another ISP.

*****

I see this solely as another revenue stream. Consider 10 million
subscribers sending an average of 10 emails per day at $.01 per
email comes to $1 million per day. $365 million per year. Not a bad
revenue stream that is pure profit. They don't h ave to do anything
to generate it. Their coustomers do that.

Do I think iti stinks, heck yes. Considering the servers and
connection is already paid by subscription, any surcharge on emails
is a means of nothing more than an  increase of revenue.

james