[Coco] Sell through the CoCo Gallery

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sun Mar 19 10:35:54 EST 2006

I wanted to drop a note that the photo gallery on CoCo3.com is also a good
place to allow PayPal purchases of your software or CoCo gadgets.  You can
sell through CoCo3.com for free and get good exposure.  The only catch is
that if you have a limited number of items, you'll have to go in and edit
your description again to remove the Buy Now link.

How can you do this?  After you've set up an account (username, password,
e-mail address) you get your own photo album where you can upload any
pictures you like of your CoCo items.

In each picture description you get a Title, Summary, and Description.  In
the Description field you can post a lengthy comment about your item
including safe HTML... that is, [html] tags for allowing embedded URLs,
bold, italics, etc.

To place a Buy Now link inside of your description for your CoCo item, use
the HTML-encoded format for your PayPal command.

Below is an example of the Buy Now link I am using for a serial
cable.  Please refer to the PayPal web site under Merchant Tools for
instructions on how to automatically create your own "e-mail" Buy Now link,
which is what the below HTML is, but converted to safe HTML using the
[url=$$$$]Buy Now[/url] method.  Or, you can use your skills and edit the
below code so that it works for your item(s).  All of the %## references
are converted to ASCII (##) when the link is clicked on.

Let me know if you have any questions about all of this and I'll be glad to
help.

[url=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=payment%40coco3%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=3%2dFoot%20CoCo%2dto%2dPC%20Serial%20Data%20Cable&item_number=3FSERIALCABLE&amount=14%2e95&shipping=3%2e25&no_shipping=2&return=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecoco3%2ecom%2find_thanks%2ephp&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8]BUY
NOW[/url]

www.coco3.com/gallery

--
Roger Taylor