[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ebay bad sellers

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 1 00:09:23 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 20:34, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 2/28/06 12:27:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>
>gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:
>>We'll probably see in due time, but I suspect that rumor was to
>> 'test the waters' & the uproar so far on the net away from AOL,  has
>> been vociferous and downright insulting to AOL.
>
>It's hard to insult some one/thing that's too stupid to know when
> they're being insulted and doesn't care anyway what anyone thinks.
>
>>  The rest of the world is
>>hoping they do have an ear  to the ground.
>
>So do I.  Actually, being a commercial operation and knowing that
> there IS competition out there, AOL might actually retract their
> crazy notion if there's enough noise.
>--Mike K.

Are we making enough?  Probably not, and as a non-user of AOL, the
operative phrase is that I have no standing.  However, AOL users
certainly do I'd think, and should descend on tech support with their
golf spikes cleaned and sharpened.

As for spam considerations, I run SA, and its at least 99.9% accurate
after enough training, so spam is just something I delete after
training the bayes database with a second pass of that stuff that just
barely triggers, or is falsely detected.  Yeah, in a roundabout way I'm
paying for the bandwidth to move the crap, but when that gets costly
enough for the ISP's, maybe they'll start throwing some usable iron
into the machinery that runs SA on everything going by, and sending
most it it to /dev/null.  vz tries that, but they of course are using
some COTS software to do it, and their false positive ratio is
something like 20%, hence the advisory in my sig.

But you can't tell a dummy he's dumb if he is too dumb to know he is
being insulted.  Being in bed with M$ certainly qualifies them as being
in that category IMO.

But then who am I...

BTW, one of my earlier replies to Mike wasn't supposed to hit the list,
sorry about the off-color language.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: