[Coco] Advice on copying old floppies

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Jun 29 10:50:23 EDT 2006

>Carey Eugene wrote:
>>Hi folks,

Pleased to meet you! ;-)

>>I'm doing some cleaning in my garage and I'm going to throw away all my
>>old CoCo stuff.

Holymygoodness! I'm sure there are listmembers that would be happy to save
it from the landfill - Where do you live? A local list member might even be
willing to give you a hand with the cleaning & xferring process.

If you're in Michigan or Wisconsin (or Indiana as I'll be there next month)
I'd be happy to give you a hand if I have a free weekend... and I'd also be
happy to help get your emulator system up & running.

>>I no longer have a serial cable, so I can't hook up my CoCo to my PC and
>>transfer them that way.  It'd be rather tedious to transfer 100 floppies
>>at 2400 baud anyway.

Ah, but there's this magical thing called "technology." ;-) I not only have
a serial cable, but I also purchased a program called "DriveWire" that can
transfer floppies to virtual floppies on the PC at 115200 bps on a CoCo3,
and I can also transfer your floppies to a CoCo-formatted Compact Flash for
a non-magnetic backup medium.

All in all, it should take me less than a week to do, at least under "best
case circumstances."

There may be other list members that may have a similar setup available and
would be willing to help.

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson