[Coco] assembly programming on a 16K CoCo 2

doctorx0079 doctorx0079 at buckeye-express.com
Tue Jun 27 12:10:52 EDT 2006

Okay, so what are the pros and cons of ROM Paks versus floppies? What
hardware do I need to get my PC to make ROM Paks and CoCo floppies? Making
ROM Paks on the PC and running them on the CoCo 2 sounds good, since I'm not
going to mass-produce them anyway. And with the floppy drive I just wanted
to know if there was a way to get it to work with a 16K machine, using
assembly language. Apparently you can't get at it through standard Color
Basic but I thought you could maybe access it with assembly. Of course you
wouldn't have a way to get the software going anyway, unless you could come
up with a short program using POKE's that would load it from the floppy. Is
there a way to do that?