[Coco] SCSISYS question

b gorisek bgorisek at frys.com
Sat Jun 24 02:03:53 EDT 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

> SCSI has been historically treated as if one needed to have an
> unlimited   supply of virgins to sacrifice over it.  Thats not true IF
> the terminations are correct.  Termination voltage supplies are
> responsible for far more of this bitchyness.  With the usual
> requirement to block the external devices from powering the host in
> the event they are turned on but the host isn't being usually done
> with an SI power diode of some sort, the end result is that the actual
> supply for the termpacks is reduced by that nominally .7 volt drop in
> that diode, with the remaining 4.3 volts then used to power the terms.

     YES , Scsisys 2.2 likes to kill virgins I have two drives that have
no responses to an adaptec scsi card in a pc  " adaptec 2940 "
      card bios reports no drives found after a scsisysfmt  program from
scsisys 2.2  .The drives will spin up but thats all, no other
      actions from drives can be done . The drives in question are
"Quantum  Pro Drive LPS 105S" 105meg and " HP97560" 1.3gig
      I believe the scsi information that is on drive has been erased by
scsisysfmt program and drives rendered useless for all future
      uses .

      Thanks ,
       Boris

www.Frys.com