[Coco] SCSISYS question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 24 01:04:40 EDT 2006

Bob Devries wrote:
> Gene,
> does the term power usually come from the host adaptor, or from one of
> the drives?
> If it is the latter, could the problem be solved by simply having all 50
> wires present between the two drives?

ISTR I did consider that possibility, but never got a round tuit so it
wasn't tried.  I bought a TC^3 instead.  Then I had to make up a longer
cable, so its all there now.

I'd add that I've got an old, slow scsi cdrom drive, and adding it to
the new cable also kills the system, won't even boot.  I  haven't dug
into the why nots on that either.  Need 36 hour days at times.  And at
71, sometimes even a 24 hour day seems to be too long.

--
Cheers, Gene