[Coco] Format problem in NitrOS9 V030206

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 21:42:03 EDT 2006

Robert Gault said:

> OK here is what I tried in an attempt to reproduce the error. The 6309
> V30206 zip was downloaded and the 40T, double sided, disk_1 was extracted.
> The image is not a full disk so it was padded to a full $5A000 bytes.

However, I was using a disk *created* on my coco, not the downloaded disk
image.

> The image was transfered from a WinXP PC using OmniFlop to a 3.5" disk.
> The disk was placed in drive1 on a Coco3 system and dcheck was run on it.
> It failed with a 251 error! But wait a minute, Bob only got this error
> when trying to format disks!? Hmmm, I've seen this problem before and if I
> turn off the Coco, re-seat the MPI and disk controller....

Nor am I using an MPI....

> I don't know what to say Bob. Can't test a 50Hz system at this end and
> doubt that it would make any difference.

The only thing I need to try now is using the *standard* rb1773 driver, to
see if that makes a difference. If that is the case, I suspect an anomoly in
the disto version of that driver.

I will continue my investigations, and report further.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.