[Coco] Re: Help! A CoCo2 died on me!

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 17 08:33:13 EDT 2006

Fedor Steeman wrote:
><snip>
> However, I do not own an oscilloscope, although I may know someone I
> perhaps
> could borrow one from. But wouldn't a simple volt-meter do for now?
>
> Thanks so far,
>
> Fedor

There really is very little that can be done without a scope if there is
no video output.

However, start by making sure that there are no shorted wires or parts
touching. Then use a volt-meter to check the power supply voltages. Make
sure that you have +5v where needed. There is a good chance that you
have blown the +5 supply when something loosened during transportation
shorted at the first turn-on .