[Coco] Re: Help! A CoCo2 died on me!

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 16 18:49:41 EDT 2006

Fedor Steeman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have now uploaded some pictures of the inside of the CoCo2 to show the
> video mod. More technical details and pictures will follow later:
>
> http://www.coco3.com/gallery/v/User+Albums/CoCougar/BrokenCoCo2/
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fedor

Your original message says, "... won't display any image anymore,
neither through antenna cable, or the composite video output ...."
If that is true, it is not the add-on circuit itself that has failed.

The best way to trace the source of this problem would be with an
oscilloscope; if you have one. Work out from the 6847 following the
video signal.

The circuit does not look too unusual and seems just to be a buffer amp
perhaps bleeding in some color burst signal. Given the photos, I'd look
for a short where a wire has been displaced during transport and is now
touching something it should not.