[Coco] Help! A CoCo2 died on me!

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 09:26:06 EDT 2006

Quoting Fedor Steeman <petrander at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Yeah, it would seem logical that there is only something wrong with the
> display circuitry that was modded, but the computer itself is still working
> fine. I will try to describe the mod. It would be helpful if I had a CoCo2
> schematic. Does anyone where I can find one?

You could verify if it is just a problem with the display circuitry,
power the machine on and type motoron (and press enter of course) and
listern for the click from the cassette motor (I have used this trick
a couple of times with Dragon machines, and the CoCo2 should be near
enough).

> BTW this is a PAL version of an early CoCo2 (still with Radio Shack on it).

I know this may sound obvious, but you are sure your TV/monitor will
display a PAL signal ? It seems that dual standards TVs are prety
common in Europe, but not nearly as common in the US.

If you do open the machine off, if you can take some digital piccies
and put them on a website somewhere it maight help us identify the mod
that has been made to your machine. For instance I have a UK model
CoCo 1 that has a factory fited mod to the display circuit, on
investigation it looks like an NTSC machine that has been factory
hacked to work with PAL.....

Cheers.

Phill.