[Coco] Coco Europe

Thierry Mella thierry.mella at skynet.be
Mon Jun 12 12:02:04 EDT 2006

Hello Fedor,

Fedor Steeman wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Well, I think in Australia they use 240V and in Europe generally 220V,
> but
> the difference is so small that it is really the same thing. Powernets
> are
> usually classified as being 240-220V on the one hand and 100-127V on the
> other. In other words: You can readily use Australian CoCos as well as
> the
> one I have that is adapted to 220V. Of course that is quite safe. In any
> case safer than having to use an external transformator.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity
>
> I also have OS-9 disks and manuals (level II, I believe), that I am not
> going to use for time being anyway, that you can "borrow". What do you
> say
> to that I'll start assembling a little package for you.

THANKS for your help Fedor. But I'm must say that I don't have any working
floppy disk drives. The only one I have is for CoCo 1 and is out of
order (defectuous)
( that's a good question : would this drive work for a CoCo 3 ? ) .

So I can't read your OS-9 disks ...

Do you have a  Floppy Disk Drive for the CoCo 3 ?

I have not yet contacted Mr Ph. Hennebert in Brussels 'cause I'm not in
Brussels very
often theses days.

 > More things can be
 > added along the way, and when we feel we are done you can quote me on a
 > price.

I don't have any idea fot the price of a 128K CoCo 3. But I'm worrying about
the cost of the shipping. Could it be possible that it would  be more
expensive
than the CoCo3 itself ? Can someone on the list give me more addvices
for such price ?

> I guess you can call NitrOS-9 a clone, but it is one that is specifically
> written and optimized for CoCo3's with the 6309 CPU installed as
> opposed to
> the usual 6809 they are equipped with.
>
>> Is NitrOS a "clone" of OS-9 like LINUX for Unix ?

Can someone on the CoCo list give me more details about NitrOS-9 ?

> Below I have copied a correspondance with Christopher Hawks about a
> RGB-to-PAL video adapter. So you can get in touch with him...

Thanks !

Cheers,
Thierry

--
Engineering is the Art of making what you want from things you can get.