[Coco] DSKINI problems

Brian Palmer bpa65117 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 9 08:46:54 EDT 2006

Hi Fellow Coconuts,

I have found that using a Disk, Formatted first on the Pc, Does tend to make
it very erratic , when used on the Coco 3, I have found formatting the disk
first on the coco 3,  works 95% of the time better.
A way to really make the disk work again, Put the disk on a very powerful
magnet, this will Bulk erase it no sweat, Do this for 30secs, then format
the disk on the coco 3, Then use DSKINI.EXE on the Pc, to make the real disk
copy.
Or another way to make real copies any time, invest around $150US for a
Catweasel Mark 4 card, That's what I did, and it's been the best $180AUS I
have spent for Coco archiving purposes.
Since by what I have read on the Web, Some PC Floppy Disk Controllers will
not work properly , When used to make real copies, I Think Certain Panasonic
Brands have a incompatibility problem making Coco disks.

laters

Viva Le Coco

Briza