[Coco] Leisure Suit Larry and NitrOS9

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Thu Jun 8 13:45:53 EDT 2006

I'm having a weird little problem running Leisure Suit Larry under NitrOS9
(6309) and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or can tell me where
I'm going wrong.

I've been having fun setting up my hard drive, and I decided to see if LSL
would run from the hard drive.  So I copied the files over, modified the
locations of everything to point to the hard drive, and fired it up.  It
worked - mostly.  For some peculiar reason, it comes up in composite mode,
in spite of the fact I type in montype r beforehand AND fire it up with
the command "sierra -r" (to force rgb).  Sure, I can switch to rgb mode
within the game by typing control-v, but that doesn't explain why it
always starts up in composite mode in spite of what I tell it.

Just to double-check, I created a stock OS9 boot disk and fired it up from
there.  It worked fine that way.

So has anyone else had this happen to them?  And if so, is there a fix? I
know it's a minor problem, but it's driving me batty.

Thanks for the help!

--Ken