[Coco] DSKINI problems

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 8 13:39:12 EDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:41:18 -0600, "Chester A. Patterson"
<vchester at setec-cr.com> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>>From MS-DOS 6.22 Diskini a: /T80 /D and POW! error track 0. On a couple I
>ran dskini Continuous just to see what happens, returns ALL sectors bad.
>After that all the disks are bad under MS-DOS and Win (track 0 bad) The
>disks are now useless.
>I've tried in three different PCs just to make certain it's not the floppy
>drives.

Use a bulk tape eraser on those floppies.  I've had disks fail track
zero work fine again after bulk erasing them, as long as there's no
physical damage to the floppy.

Stephen