[Coco] RS232 Pack

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 4 17:24:38 EDT 2006

Rick Ross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just purchase an rs232 pak are there instructions somewhere for
> installing this on Nitros? What driver; Descriptor?
>
> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> Rick Ross

The driver will be sc6551.dr and you will probably want to use the
matching t2 (t2_sc6551.dd) although you may also want t1 and/or t3.

The pack itself is invisible as such. The ROM software it contains will
not be used. You will need terminal software in addition to the
driver/descriptor.

NitrOS9 does not distribute any terminal software but you should be able
to find several programs on RTSI in the telecom section. OSTerm works
very well for talking to a PC over a null-modem cable.
ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/TELECOM/