[Coco] Re: What did the Color COmputer eve do for me?

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Jun 3 02:56:14 EDT 2006

Hello Tony

Good story. It was put together well too 8-). You can tell I'm in the middle
of writing a 50 page thesis so I can get my bachelor degree so I focus
on these things 8-).  I acquired my first CoCo right after I graduated from
Akron University with an assiciate programming degree. I wanted to practice
some of what I learned at home because I decided I didn"t want to be a
programmer for Ohio Edison Company. My first floppy drive cost me $399 from
the Shack. My second was $299, again from the Shack. It seemed somewhat
obscene to pay that much for floppy drives for a computer that cost me $256.
A year after the CoCo3 came out, I got one that was equiped with the full
512k of RAM. OS-9 became a reality to me because of that. Anyway. I still
have a CoCo setup here next to my PCs and Amiga 4000. Don't have time for
the Amiga anymore, but I do try to play with the CoCo from time to time ;-).
In fairness to the Amiga, the UAE Amiga emulator has become so good, I do not
have to mess with the real one amymore. Dave Keil's CoCo emulator is almost
as good as UAE, but I still like playimg with the CoCo hardware. Well Gotta
go, the grandson just arrived.

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                        |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo