[Color Computer] [Coco] Bug in FOR NEXT ?

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Jun 3 12:46:44 EDT 2006

At 11:02 AM 6/3/2006, you wrote:

>IIRC, the trick to getting everything installed correctly from a LOADM
>is using a multi-block binary file that loads at different addresses.
>You then load all your code to the addresses where it will live and then
>an initialization routine that, for example, traps the command
>interpretation loop and runs the initialization then restores the
>command interpretation loop to its original code. (You probably would
>want to do it this way to prevent funky stuff happening with interrupts
>or borking the loading process in the middle or what have you.)

Exactly.   I became a pro at multi-record LOADMable tricks years ago.  You
can sometimes simulate a running program as the binary loads, and you can
definately auto-execute programs and code at any time in a CoCo 3 since you
can overwrite ROM code that's being called during the LOADM process.

As far as I know, these tricks were hardly used to do anything practical
except for auto-exec programs and games.