[Coco] Greetings from the Sub-Etha...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jun 25 12:26:55 EDT 2006

Hello, all.  I haven't been scanning through the digests for awhile,
so I'm completely out of the loop.  I'm in the process of moving to a
new apartment and I'm hoping I'll find time to get back to my hobbies
once all the moving dust settles.

I ordered the CoCo VGA adapter, and plan to get rid of my CM-8 and
hook the CoCo to a flat panel -- that should save some desk space.
In a way, all these "new" devices (compact flash, LCD VGA) returns
the CoCo back to how many of us started -- one simple machine and a
tiny peripheral (tape deck) hooked to the TV set.  Looks like I've
come a full circle.

During my move, I unearthed a large rolling filing cabinet which was
my Sub-Etha Software collection.  Rather, it was all the stuff I
collected during my CoCoFest vending days (1990-).  I have flyers
from all kinds of companies (N*Johnson, Burke & Burke, etc.) and I
don't want to toss them out.  Since I know there's been something
going on with scanning old Rainbows, I figure maybe I can scan all of
these old flyers and we can add them to the collection.

Or is that just silly?

		-- Allen in Des Moines