[Coco] SCSISYS question

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:27:32 EDT 2006

Does anyone here use SCSISYS 2.2 with two SCSI drives?
I have been trying to add a second drive as a backup unit to my system, but
having no luck at all. The system just locks up when I try to access it
using SCSIFMT. Even if I build a descriptor using SCSIDESC, I cannot access
the drive.

Gene, do you have any ideas on this?
dmode /h0 gives:
drv=00 stp=00 typ=84 dns=80 cyl=0385 sid=05
vfy=00 sct=0035 tos=0035 ilv=05 sas=08

dmode /h1 gives:
drv=01 stp=00 typ=84 dns=81 cyl=0385 sid=05
vfy=00 sct=0035 tos=0035 ilv=05 sas=08

Both drives are Quantum Prodrive LPS-120S. One drive has no jumpers, and the
other has a jumper on A0. The terminator resistor is removed from the first
drive on the cable (H1).

Have I overlooked something? H0 works very well, and is giving 11 secs/MB
with megaread on NitrOS9 V030206.
H1 lights up its LED, but then the computer locks up. I can (usually) switch
windows, but can't type commands.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.