[Coco] Static RAM in CoCo3?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Wed Jun 21 11:42:55 EDT 2006

Working on getting my prototype ReMem running (more info here:
http://bitchin100.com/remem_project.htm   )

I'd gotten to thinking:

How much heartburn & voodoo would it take to get some static Ram shoehorned
into a CoCo3?

{Dreaming...}

Is it as simple as getting really fast RAM (would dual-ported be
necessary?) and ignoring the refresh cycles....

{/Dreaming...}

This is a question from a guy who understands CPUs, busses, TTL, and other
shiznit, but have never really gotten my head around much analog circuitry
& the black magic of dynamic RAM (which, AFAICT technically, is an analog
critter after all... ;-)

Now that big (to a CoCo) but small (physically) and low power (again, to a
CoCo) Static RAM is available on the cheap, I'm guessing it's more voodoo
than science stopping it's use, else someone would've figured out how to
make it work...

Just random, yet foolish thoughts on my 13-hour-wednesday...
Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein