[Coco] Setting up a hard drive

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 11:57:24 EDT 2006

After repeatedly raiding the rtsi archive and storing my amazing new treasures
on a rapidly expanding stack of floppies, only to find some of them don't work
because they need the module on disk #59274xxxyz%$@##&*???! I have come to the
conclusion that I can't live without my hard drive.

I have a Cloud-9 TC3 SCSI interface and an Apple HD40SC. It works great under
RGB-DOS, exept that I can't remember the command to turn off one virtual
floppy but not all of them, and I can't copy the working NitrOS-9 boot disk to
a virtual floppy without turning off one virtual floppy and using a real
floppy drive instead.

Now, about that NitrOS-9 boot file.

<snip screams. the doctor says they disturb the other paitents here.>

(Just kidding, I haven't really been committed...yet ;)

If any of you are still having trouble configuring a boot disk, try OS9gening
it manualy one device at a time. That's all I've been able to do successfuly
so far. I just won't work to add a hard drive that way.

I have the drivers scsisys_tc3.dr, tcc256.dr, tcc512.dr, tcc1024.dr,
ddh0_88mb.dd, and h0_88mb.dd. Which tcc do I use? Will the 88 meg descripter
work with a 40 meg drive?

When I type "load drivername", that works. If I type "iniz h0" I get an error
237, ram full. Ram full? I have 512k! and the module is already in ram! I
tried linking each module, but it didn't seem to do anything. I tried chd /h0,
and got another error 237.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME !!!