[Coco] OS9 floppy descriptor

b gorisek bgorisek at frys.com
Fri Jun 16 08:16:33 EDT 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Chester A. Patterson wrote:
>> I'm wracking my brain trying to remember how to modify a /D0_40D.dd or
>> /D0_35S.dd to make a D0_80D.dd But my memory doesn't help me. I'm fed up
>> with buggy floppies and going to move everything to 3.5"
>> I've got OS9v2, ezgen 1.06, and some other tools, on the occasions
>> when my
>> current D0_40D doesn't give me read or CRC or any number of other
>> errors.
>> Help!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> /Chester
>>

> dmode /d1 sid=2 cyl=50, applied to the descriptor & then save it under
> its new name.

Also  for use with nitros9 you will have to change "TYP" to typ=21 for
nitros9 or typ=20
for use with original os9  level2  . If you are going  to use nitros9
best to change to new system
of descriptors , typ=20 is for 5 1/4 disks ether  for 40 trk  or 80 trk
for 3 1/2 drives is typ=21
I found that out  the hard way, I had about 250 disks I could not read
got error #249 which
is wrong type when reading with nitros9 and had to make compset boot
with both  kinds of
descriptors.
Hope this helps,
Boris