[Coco] EPROMs, ADOS, VCF-MW, etc.

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Mon Jun 12 20:07:03 EDT 2006

Firstly - I *think* I have all of the moto 68766 packages I was _supposed_
to get out months ago.... (Yea, I suck. I apologize profusely and I hang my
head in shame) Did I forget anyone? If I did, lemme know & I'll get them
out posthaste. As far as my life's concerned, I have about a week of
non-insanity right now & I could catch up on anything I may have forgotten.

Also: I'm going to be at VCF-MW 2.0 (That's Vintage Computer Festival -
MidWest 2.0, at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN) during the weekend
of 15 July 2006, (www.vintage.org/2006/midwest/ for more info) and if
there's anything that I have that anyone might want, I'll be there. (No
Charge Shipping! ;-) I may have a few things for ultra-cheap, as I'm
thinning out a few things (too much shiznit).

I'll be demoing my CoCo3 IDE system, possibly a drivewire setup with my PC
laptop, and hopefully my ReMem system in my Tandy 100 (2Meg RAM, 4M Flash
ROM upgrade for said machine)... maybe other stuff, but I don't wanna get
overloaded.

Speaking of that, I've had a request to burn some DEC boot ROMs from the
68766's that I have, so if anyone would like an RS-DOS (patched or
otherwise) or ADOS ROM burned, I can do 'er... if someone gets me ADOS.
Caint burn what I ain't got! ;-) Heck, if you want a boot ROM for your DEC,
I can make them now too - I have the .bin files.

I can patch RS-DOS for 40-tracks, 6ms track step, and "autoflippy" where
Disk2 is the back of Disk0, and Disk3 is the back of Disk1. Very handy on a
Disk-only system to increase storage (especially since you can't flip 3.5"
disks).

However, I'll warn you: The SuperIDE utilities from Cloud 9 do *not* like a
patched RS-DOS, and won't install...

I can burn just about anything to just about anything - I have lots of
68766s, I have quite a few 2764's & 27128's (needed for Extended ADOS3 -
you'll need a controller that can handle a 16Kx8 EPROM) and my programmer
can even program PAL/GALs, so if anyone needs a PAL upgrade for their
Multi-pak and you have the JEDEC file, I can make them, too. (I do not have
the JEDEC file... I know very little about programmable logic, but if you
get me the stuff, I can figger it out). I *do* have a multipak to test it
in if necessary.

Anyway, just thought I'd give y'all the heads up as to my plans for the
next month, and see if I could help anyone out...

Laterz!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein