[Coco] How do I copy a DMK formatted virtual disk toaJVCvirtualdisk?

Bert & Peggy Schneider bertnpeggy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 13:06:59 EDT 2006

Warren,

Thanks - I'll try that.

I appreciate your help.

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com]
On Behalf Of Warren Hoslet
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:57 AM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: RE: [Coco] How do I copy a DMK formatted virtual disk
toaJVCvirtualdisk?

>Warren,
>
>Very interesting - I took a look at the SVD web page and it looks like
>it does a lot.  Can you load a DMK image disk from a PC via the SVD
>device and then save it back to the PC as a JVC image disk?
>
>Looks like an awful lot of money just to copy a couple of disks I have
>that are DMK format.
>
>I did see a transfer utility on the web, but it is for Macs not PCs:
>
>http://home.netcom.com/~tlindner/CTU.html
>
>Bert

-
Bert,

If all you want to do is convert an image file on your PC from DMK to
JVC,
you don't need to purchase the SVD. Just download the 2.2 version of the

Windows software (it's free). Run the 'svd.exe' program, select TRS-80
CoCo
as the floppy type, and then load your DMK image into any of the three
virtual drives. Then select 'Save Image' from the menu for the virtual
drive
you used and choose the JVC format.

Warren