[Coco] Re: Floppy drive/OS9 issue

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 28 06:55:57 EDT 2006

Joel Ewy wrote:

> I was just looking through a list of PEEKs & POKEs and found some  POKEs to modify RS-DOS for double-sided and 40t operation.  The  file can be found here:
>   http://doki-doki.net/~lamune/computers/coco/POKESIII.TXT
>   and no doubt elsewhere.  In fact, I don't think I found it there  originally, but that's where Google found it.  Of course to make  the changes permanent you would have to burn a new EPROM.  But you  could put them in a little program.  Somebody (Robert Gault?) has  a program that lets you start your own code with the 'DOS' command.
>   Copying directly:
 ><snip>

Keep in mind that the bytes to POKE change depending on the Disk Basic
ROM in use. Disk Basic Unravelled indicates how the code was moved going
from Disk Basic 1.0 to 1.1 .

While it may seem simple to just POKE these bytes, this is only true on
the Coco3 where the system is in all RAM mode. You will need to copy all
ROM code to RAM on a Coco 1 or 2 before you can do the POKEing.