[Coco] High precision math, fractals, and Mandelbrot

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jul 24 08:28:17 EDT 2006

Robert

BAsic09 does not use IEEE floating point standard. Instead is mimics the
same format as in RSBASIC. It is about 2 decimal digits more precise than
IEEE 754 Single precission.  It is limited to the precision of 2^-31 or steps of
~ 0.0000000005, 10 decimal digits. I would imagine that if IEEE 754 Double
precision or even extended double precission to at least 80 bits would be
sufficient for that application.

james