[Coco] perl script to convert pics for Sockmaster's Hicolor prog

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Sun Jul 23 11:02:33 EDT 2006

At 05:28 PM 7/22/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Steve, when'ya gonna switch to PHP/MySQL ?   :)

I too use PHP on my servers, but I was keeping with the thread and used
Perl code.

I will say that most of my code is written in Perl because I like writing
in it. There is something about the style of Perl that I like over PHP and
the other scripting languages.  I do use mod_perl to pickup a little speed
for my higher volume sites.

Besides, what you code in is just away (one of many) to get the job
done.  If I had a choice I would still be programming in assembly language
on the 6809 or 68000.  Motorola know how to create CPUs for programmers!

For more on who is still using Perl (and why), check out Floss weekly 4 & 9
podcast over at twit.tv (This Week In Tech)
Here is the links: http://www.twit.tv/floss4 and
http://www.twit.tv/floss/randall_schwartz

Leo Laporte and the other tech heads have great daily and weekly podcast
covering just about anything tech.  And well produced, too.

By the way, wait till you see Perl 6.0!  (OOC is no longer treated as an
afterthought.)

Steve 6809er Bjork