[Coco] Lonnie Falk died June 9, 2006

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jul 22 21:44:17 EDT 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 21:27, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
>Roger (and everyone),
>
>Almost all of the images have been acquired, and the last of them are
> in process.  The images are in the process of being cleaned up prior
> to being packaged in the .djvu format.  The most recent goal was to
> have everything done by December 2006 which would allow for a few
> months to get things burned and packaged before the next Coco fest.
>
>With the news of Lonnie's death I am unsure as to what will happen
> next, though I hope that his heirs will either honor the agreement or
> sign another agreement of a similar vein.  The best we could hope for
> would be that the heirs decide to release the Rainbow into the public
> domain.
>
>I am very saddened by the news of Lonnie's death and am struggling
> with what to say in the correspondence I am preparing to send to his
> widow.  Is there an appropriate response from the Coco community?
> The Rainbow was an instrumental publication in the life of our
> favorite 8-bit, and Lonnie was at the helm for the entire run...
> Interestingly enough I cannot find any easy to search for information
> on the Prospect website regarding Lonnie's death, so it shouldn't be
> a surprise that the coco mailing list was on the "late to know"
> group.

Michael, about all I would say is that through Lonnie, thousands of
lives were changed for the better due to his support of the coco, and
for that we thank him.  And that (and here I'm quessing at the total
number of subscribers to these two servers) there are about 2 to 3
hundred of us who only heard the news in the last 2-3 days are sending
our sincere condolences albeit somewhat belatedly.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: