[Coco] Re: coco3.com down?!?

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Wed Jul 19 23:10:23 EDT 2006

Well, considering what alot of internet firms had to go through here
last year, after the hurricane, there is no excuse for a few-hours outage.
I'm not EVEN going to get into what firms in and New Orleans had to go through.

I know we had the ISP down here on generators for about 5-7 weeks.

Biggest problem was FINDING fuel, as most gas stations had no power themselves!
We had to drive about 3-4 hours north, hauling drums of fuel down. One of the owner's
brothers had a diesel truck with twin tanks - we filled the second with gas, which we syphoned out once we got back, as well as the 5-6 drums in the bed! It was a most interesting time indeed....

But we managed to keep it up....about 99.81% uptime during the 5-7 weeks
of no utility power.

Tony