[Coco] Reminiscing...

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 19 22:52:54 EDT 2006

G'day George,

Ahh yeah, 'those' days .... I got so much into modems that I even ran a BBS for
about 12 years.  Started with a 300 baud modem I built myself & modified to auto
answer & running CoBBS (BASIC) software on 2 floppy drives.  It ended up with
9600 baud modem, 2 hard drives totaling about 200 meg & 3 floppy drives running
under RiBBS (OS9).  Then the Internet came along & interest in BBS's faded. In
the end  I was lucky to get one logon a month so finally closed it down.  At
it's peak I was getting regular calls from USA (I'm in Australia if you haven't
worked that out), must have cost them fortune!!

stanblaz at netspace.net.au