[Coco] printing out floating point numbers...(only peripherally related to coco)

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 12 19:38:26 EDT 2006

Quite simple. I'm working with numbers which are in a relatively small
range, but need a fine degree of precision.  As others have mentioned,
this is sort of an odd size for a float.  I wasn't looking for a generic
super-float.  Depending on what you're using it for, 8 bit mantissa and
245 bits of precision isn't "absurd" at all.

To everyone except for James, thanks.  You've given me a good place to
start.
                     - Aaron