[Coco] Reporting SPAM

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sat Jul 8 01:26:29 EDT 2006

 Last month, I got a few spams to the email addy I use "Only On This Mail
List".
 Later, I was looking for links to one of my websites and discovered that my
email is posted in the five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/ site hundreds of
times.  However, the "@" was replaced with " at " in those posts, so this
tells me the spam was a feeble attempt by an individual trying to startup a
spam program.
 Historically, once my addy was discovered, the spam expanded
exponentionally until I had to create a new email addy and drop the old one.
This time, I only received a few spams on this addy and since, they have
stopped. Maybe someone found this spammer and shot him/her.
 I'm fortunate insofar as I have several websites with unlimited email
address capabilities on each. So it's easy to create a new one. Almost all
are aliases to forward to my REAL POP account. I NEVER use the REAL addy to
send emails. Only a select individuals know that addy and it's been safe for
about two years.... so far.
 If I buy from(for example) BUY.COM, I create an alias account called..
buy at mywebsite.com and if I have to write to them, I create a POP account to
write from. This way, I know exactly where the spam is coming from. It's
really easy to delete the account and stop the spam.

 Spam will happen. It won't stop. Gene Heskett is correct, just delete it.

 One of my websites gets spammed to <made-up names> over twelve thousand
times a day. I'm glad I'm not one of those names. <grin>

 It's inevitable that an email addy will get compromised. Sneaky folks have
found ways to get your email addy from your family and friend's infected
computers. Once it happens, we have to get a new addy. I wish I could do the
same at my address at my house!

George