[Coco] DEFT Pascal

Benoit Bleau benbleau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 10:30:44 EDT 2006

I have fond memories of DEFT pascal. When I was in college, all my
buddies had PCs and were working with Turbo Pascal.  Even the computer
course labs were mostly done on Turbo Pascal.  Since I had a coco, I
bought DEFT Pascal (v3.x at that time) and did all my work at home, then
converted to TP syntax.

At the time, I thought it was a truly elegant system (still think it
is), probably one of the best packages outside of OS9 compilers. When I
got my coco3, I found that it didn't work, and since I couldn't use it,
it went unused.

Now that I see Ken's AGS system, I want to try my hand at it on a coco3.

Does this work with Mess?  I tried DEFT and AGS on both a coco3 and
coco2 emulation, and when I run * , I get a FS error. Is it my copy
that's bad, or is it the one on Ken's web page?

Anyone has the DEFT and AGS manuals in PDF format?

-Ben