[Coco] Questions about the 502 controller vs the Disto SC II

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:03:17 EDT 2006

I should be getting a FD-502 controller sometime this week. I want to use it
to replace my Disto SC II.
The reason being the limited space I have for my coco the much more compact
502 controller will be better for me.

So first question is this: My Disto has a RSDOS rom with 6ms (seek time I
guess). So it works pretty fast under RSDOS.
Can I move this ROM to the stock 502 controller with no worries?

Also will Nitros9 have the faster seek times with the 502 as I have now with
the Disto. I'm not worried about no-wait and all.
I'd just like the performance to be close is all. What would be the best way
to optimize a Nitros9 boot disk so that the 502 and
my drives perform thier best?

Thanks!

-Charlie