[Coco] Glenside IDE Drivers absent from the Web?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Jul 23 17:38:38 EDT 2006

In trying to get a hard drive of some kind set up on my mini-tower CoCo  3 again, I decided to try out my Glenside IDE board, which I bought at  one of the Fests, but have never used.  Then I remembered why I've  never used it.  I got the board at the CoCoFest, but the drivers  weren't ready, or disks weren't made up, or something.  They were  going to be sent to me I thought, but I never got them.

  Googled Glenside IDE drivers, and found several authoritative looking  references to them, and some broken links, but nothing you could  actually download.

  I finally grabbed the latest NitrOS9 source snapshot and built the  drivers from that.  I'll give them a try this evening if I get a  chance.  Is this really the only currently available form?   Would there be objections to having binaries put up on rtsi.com, or are  the developers still pretty protective about them?

  JCE