[Coco] Sierra games with sound!!

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 20 19:05:28 EDT 2006

Good news: I managed to figure out the sound format used by the AGI coco
interpreter. So I wrote a utility to convert the sounds to the coco format
and it worked! Now KQ1, KQ2, SQ1 and SQ2 are fully playable with sound! I
had to remove some of them though. I removed the ones that were played in
the background (because the game would have been paused forever) and I
removed some loops in the logics code to allow some sounds to only play
once.

You can download the games from my web server at:
http://goyim.dyndns.org:8080/coco. I made the source code of my
modifications available in the Sources folder.

For those interested, I wrote 3 utilities that will help you converting
Sierra game for the Coco:

- cc3snd to convert AGI sound files to the coco format
- sndpatch to patch the VOL files with the new sound files
- picpatch to remove plot commands (0xFA) from picture resources

You can download them from the AGI Utilities folder.

Now I'm trying to get Police Quest 1 to work but I'm getting a lot of weird
errors...

Enjoy!

Guillaume