[Coco] Question about disk images & copy protection.

Carey Eugene carey at cebridge.net
Sat Jul 1 23:18:10 EDT 2006

I was just reading an email from somebody about disk images and the effort they went through to make backups etc.

That got me curious...

How do I deal with copy protected disks?  I know I have some.  I've got post-it notes on the floppy jacket about using Spit-N-Image to make backups of it.

And I remember several games that had copy protection.  And Deft Pascal (although that's easily bypassed.)

So, do disk image programs deal with that?  I know with some other emulators, people have developed special disk image formats that store the whole track info and all of it's oddities.  That way it can be read properly by the emulator.

Carey