[Coco] [Color Computer] Let me introduce myself

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Tue Jan 31 19:20:25 EST 2006

Rod Barnhart wrote:
> Hi Ben! Welcome!
>
> I've noticed that a lot of people introduce themselves when they sign
> up to the list. I don't recall, but I don't think I ever did that.
> Could be because I'm one of the lurkers of the list. As much as I love
> my CoCo, I don't have a lot of time to get it out of mothballs and
> fire it up. Like a couple of others on this list (or at least one!)
> I've gone back to school after all this time to formalize my computer
> education. Maybe over summer break I'll get a chance to try to find
> out what happened to the biggest part of my CoCo collection.
>
> Most of my collection went missing some time back. From what I can
> find, I still have a CoCo 3 and a CoCo2. I've got a FD-500 (or 501. I
> can't remember which) with full-height drives, and an FD-502 with
> half-height drives. I've got a dot-matrix printer that is still new in
> the box that I can't remember the model number of. I've also got a
> speech pack, a DC modem (that's is halfway through the conversion to a
> RS-232). I had a CM-8 until it died recently. I've got various mice,
> joysticks, tape drives.
>
> Missing from my collection is about half a dozen CoCo 2's, two
> grey-case CoCo 1's (one 4K, the other had been upgraded.
> Unfortunately, someone stole the ram back out of it before giving it
> to me), my somewhat extensive collection of Rainbox magazines, several
> CGA monitors that I've used with my tre's, and a CoCo 3 that I had
> done some modifications to (the turbo LED, hacked bit-banger to do
> higher speeds, piggyback 6309, 9-pin d-sub connector for the CGA
> monitors). Unfortunately, I seem to have lost this bunch of stuff at
> some point. I don't remember throwing any of it out, which I'd never
> do because it's CoCo, and I know I've seen it since my last move
> (which was, admittedly, quite some time ago), but I can't seem to find
> this stuff anywhere. Hopefully it turns up, but I fear it's lost for
> good.
>

> --
> Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)

If you are married, could espousa have carried out some diabolical XX
scheme to separate you from your toys? It appears to be a peculiar
genetic quirk that the presence of a second X chromosome frequently
elicits a violent allergic reaction when in the vicinity of vintage
8-bit computers. This reaction seems to worsen after said XX chromosomed
individual has undergone "a marriage ritual".

					kevin