[Coco] [color computer] Just imagining...

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Tue Jan 31 11:16:44 EST 2006

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Mike
>
> That setup will run no faster than one 6309, unless you rewrite the OS to
> handle multiprocessors.
>
> Nice idea of using multiple processors. Currently there is no OS to support
> multiple 6x09 processors that I know of.  If one did exist then  splitting taks
> up between them would be nice.
>
> Then I could put three 6809 cores into one 1 million gate FPGA and  have a
> real nice system running at about 20 MHz to 30 MHz.
>
> james

Understood, but I was thinking of one CPU to handle the OS, and then
driver-level stuff to offload to the others. One CPU could handle all
the graphics, one could be configured as a DMA or handle I/O. I've done
some preliminary feasability studies on the idea, and with some sub-50ns
SRAM or SDRAM it just might work...

-Mike