[Coco] "See, click, and get" CoCo gallery?

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sat Jan 28 18:08:15 EST 2006

At 02:33 PM 1/28/2006, you wrote:
>That sounds like a useful function Roger.
>BTW, what part of Texas do you live in?
>I am moving to Texas next Month.
>
>--Alan

I think it will be most useful for seeing a screenshot and getting to
download that software with a single click, but the Buy Now buttons will be
great for people wanting to sell or find CoCo items, new or used.  I
welcome anybody who has new CoCo products to consider using this system
when it's in place.

I live in East Texas.  This entire area is known for oil wells, oil
services, from the big giants down to the little guys who sell bolts and
nuts to the companies next door to them, etc.  They are slap all over the
place.  Can we say redneck city?

On the other hand, we have a lot of CoCo users in Texas... more than we
realize, way more than what's shown on the US Map you can get to from the
front page of CoCo3.com near the bottom.

Btw, in Texas it's legal to drive on the shoulders!!?  Can you believe
this?  The rough sides of the road that are for emergency-only use in
Louisiana gets driven on as much as the road itself around here.  For
instance, if a long string of cars are cruising up the highway and the
leader decides he wants to stop and take a left onto the interstate ramp,
but he can't turn yet due to oncoming traffic... well, guess what!!  Yep,
you guessed it...  every Tom, Dick, and Harry behind him will soon be
flying by his right window doing 55.  No Joke.  And what if something up
there goes wrong?  They don't seem to care.  They also do not warn you by
tapping their brakes or slowing down if something ahead is in their way and
they need to swerve into another lane.  If everybody is doing 45 and some
huge industrial truck is sitting at a railroad track because of his policy,
and you are 2nd in line behind the traffic that's approaching him doing 45,
the first car swerves real fast into the left lane still doing 45 causing
YOU to slam right into the back of that industrial truck, stopping *on a
dime*, bouncing off of that industrial truck, causing you to EAT YOUR
AIRBAG, and walk away with burns on your forearms from how hard you slammed
into everything. :)   This is why I have no minivan and there are glass
particles still below the skin on some of my knuckles.

Don't get me wrong... I have a CDL and have driven in rough traffic all my
life, but this place just has it all wrong, and the law doesn't
care.  Welcome to Texas!  :)

--
Roger Taylor