[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Thu Jan 26 20:46:03 EST 2006

At 06:59 PM 1/26/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This is the first I have heard about "A missing HSYNC", I never have seen
>it.
>
>As others clearly know about it, I must be lucky.
>
>I wonder if my TV (and other top of the line sets) keep a oscillator running
>and then phase lock it or similar when the source HSYNC arrives.
>
>Gene, perhaps you can educate me on this.
>
>Stephen H. Fischer

No, there's no missing HSYNC on the CoCo 3.  What was being said is that a
device that attempts to correct the CoCo 3's bad HSYNC timing of the GIME
chip would have to use a scheme that introduces a delay in the HSYNC so
that the whole screen will be moved over to the right a tad.  As it is,
some TVs chop off the leftmost text column, usually 1 or 2 characters.

--
Roger Taylor