[Coco] S-video Prospects...

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Thu Jan 26 14:50:13 EST 2006

At 01:31 PM 26/01/2006 -0600, CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
>At 09:45 AM 1/26/2006, you wrote:
>>Maybe someone on the list has a good simple idea how to go about doing that.
>>I'm thinking it will require a timer or two generate a new HSYNC pulse,
>>using the original HSYNC pulse as reference/start timing.
>

>Yep, there's the "missed HSYNC" problem for the first scanline.

I don't think this is an issue if HSYNC is continually generated.  I'm
pretty sure it's even generated during the vertical blank period.  The only
one missed HSYNC will be the very first one when you turn on your CoCo.

I think the simplest way to generate a new (earlier) HSYNC  would be to
simply use the existing HSYNC pulse to start a timer and when the timer
finishes, to generate a pulse. On the next incoming HSYNC, simply reset again.

This would make a new HSYNC that starts a bit before the original, and ends
right at the moment that the original starts.  That should probably result
in shifting the 80 column display about 4 characters to the right.

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/