[Coco] Making a disk image

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 17 17:09:52 EST 2006

This has been discussed in this newsgroup before and a Disk Basic or
possibly Basic09 program was posted for doing a .dsk file to disk
conversion. Do a search via the news.gmane.org access or your saved
e-mail and you should find it.

First you must be able to move the files into a real Coco system. That
will mean having a very large RAM disk or a hard drive. Then you will
need to take a formatted disk, open it for sector by sector writing (in
Disk Basic that's DSKO$), and move the .dsk image sector by sector to
the disk.