[Coco] 6809 C Compiler

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Mon Jan 16 22:12:28 EST 2006

At 06:45 PM 1/16/2006, you wrote:
>Found this up on the C/C++ Users Group website
>

>    (CUG 309) 6809 C Compiler for MS-DOS
>
>Brian Brown (New Zealand) has ported CUG221 6809 C for FLEX to MS-DOS.
>Modifications allow the program to run with ASxxxx assembler (CUG292), as
>well as with Motorola AS9 assembler. The program also generates ROMmable
>code. The disk includes a complete set of C source code, well-written
>documentation, and a run-time library such as routines for controlling the
>ACIA serial port, functions for character handling and data conversion
>between character strings and integers, routines for controlling a
>Hercules card, routines for a magnetic card reader, memory manipulation
>routines, PC serial card functions, and string handling functions.

URL please?  :)

My first question without even looking yet is whether it will run in a
Windows console window/prompt.  What baffles me beyond reality is why
people still develop for the real MS-DOS when 32-bit programming is a whole
lot easier and everybody uses Windows consoles now for these types of
jobs.  Anyway, thanks for the info.

--
Roger Taylor